National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- You can plan your journey by car or public transport using this downloadable map of Falmouth. Find the museum on the second map in grid 4D.
By Park & Float (Summer season only)
- During the summer period (Monday to Saturday) you can wash away the stress of driving and arrive at the Maritime Museum in style aboard a wooden Ponsharden Park & Float ferry. A regular ferry service runs from the 500 space car park at Ponsharden on the outskirts of Falmouth direct to Custom House Quay in town. From there it’s about a 5 minute walk to the Museum where you’ll receive a 10% discounted entry by showing your ticket. Why not Park & Float and help reduce congestion in Falmouth? It's a unique experience not to be missed.
For visitors with GPS devices, Park & Float postcode is TR10 8AD. For more information see www.falriver.co.uk/getting-about/park-and-float.
By Park & Ride (May to September only)
- During the summer period Ponsharden also runs a Park & Ride service seven days a week. Buses run approximately every 15 minutes into Falmouth Town Centre. From here you can stroll down the main street of Falmouth to the Maritime Museum and help reduce town congestion and pollution.
For visitors with GPS devices, Park & Ride postcode is TR10 8AD. For more information see www.falriver.co.uk/getting-about/park-and-float
*PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU TRAVEL BY FERRY, PARK & FLOAT OR PARK & RIDE YOU WILL BE DROPPED A SHORT DISTANCE FROM THE MUSEUM ALONG FALMOUTH'S COBBLED MAIN STREET*
By Car (Parking at Museum)
- The nearest public car park is one hundred metres away, across the Museum Square (a level, but cobbled surface). The car park has a number of designated accessible parking spaces
- The Museum is at the southern end of Falmouth's harbour side, between the main shopping area and Falmouth docks. There are brown signs (with an anchor) to assist you on the outskirts of Falmouth, but limited further signs on the A39 so please keep going on the A39 (past the Merchants Manor Hotel on your right, then Fox Rosehill Gardens on your left) until you are directed to take a left turn by a brown sign which lists the Maritime Museum at the bottom with the anchor. Follow this down Avenue Road and you will see our Maritime car park in front of you (with lots of branded flags and banners).
For visitors with GPS devices, our postcode is TR11 3QY or select Bar Road as a destination.
- There is off-street pay & display car parking in the Maritime car park or alongside in Grove Place car park, providing over 400 short term spaces within 150m of the Museum. The Museum car park has a maximum of four hours stay and the others have a maximum of three. The Dell, near the railway station close to the Museum has long-term parking and is about 200 metres away. All these car parks have accessible spaces. For further information on accessibility see the Accessibility page or telephone the Museum enquiries desk on 01326 313388.
Could you share your journey to save costs? Why not check the http://www.carsharecornwall.com/ website to see if anyone else from your area is planning to visit the museum on the same day.
- There is a regular train service with connections to the main London to Penzance line. Change at Truro for the branch line to Falmouth. For further information please see The Trainline website or telephone 0845 7484950. Alight at Falmouth Town (The Dell) station and the Museum is a 2 minute walk away. Follow the edge of the car park and take Avenue Road towards the town centre.
- There are bike racks next to the Maritime Museum car park, in front of the large granite pyramid (killigrew monument). Find out more about cycle routes here
- There is a coach drop-off and parking point for 2 coaches in the Maritime car park very near the Museum.