The Maritime Museum is delighted to announce the launch of its new ‘Sleepover’ programme for cubs, scouts, brownies and guides; a new and very special opportunity for groups to spend a ‘night at the museum’ as part of a unique and unforgettable learning experience.
Each sleepover includes:
• Hands-on activities led by members of the education team, designed to support badge work
• Racing radio controlled sailboats on our large boat pool
• A magical torch-lit tour of the ‘museum at night’
• Animated film or cartoons in our 100 seat cinema
• A ‘midnight feast’ of hot chocolate and biscuits
• An opportunity to sleep in the museum galleries
• A trained member of the education team on-call and on-site throughout the night
• Breakfast next morning, with the option of an additional hands-on activity before you leave
• Full booking support and risk assessment information
£30 per cub/scout/brownie/guide (group size 30 - 40)
£25 per cub/scout/brownie/guide (groups of 40 - 60)
£17.50 per cub/scout/brownie/guide (groups of more than 60)
Save money: all adult leaders free of charge! Plus we don’t charge adults for their stay, saving you up to £300!
Free activity programme
We will provide a full, hands-on activity programme free of charge during the evening of your visit (normal cost about £105 per group of 30). Choose from:
• Cornish maritime history and heritage
• Scrapheap sailboat challenge
• Special ‘pirate party’
Hold your award ceremony at the Museum
The Museum is often hired as a prestigious venue by organisations wishing to hold award ceremonies. We are happy to accommodate any celebration, award presentation or formal gathering that your troop may require.
To discuss how a sleepover can meet your needs, please contact Stuart Slade, Education Manager, email email@example.com or telephone 01326 214532