The Maritime Museum has launched a new ‘Sleepover’ programme which has been specially developed for schools that have found it too difficult to visit the Museum within a normal ‘school visit day’. The whole package offers not only an unforgettable learning experience for your pupils, spending a ‘night at the museum’, but also an innovative way of saving money and freeing up valuable time to explore more of Cornwall.
Each sleepover includes:
• Hands-on curriculum workshops lead by members of the education team
• Racing radio controlled sailboats on our large boat pool
• A magical torch-lit tour of the ‘museum at night’
• Animated film or cartoons in our 100 seat cinema
• A ‘midnight feast’ of hot chocolate and biscuits
• An opportunity to sleep in the museum galleries
• A trained member of the education team on-call and on-site throughout the night
• Breakfast next morning, with the option of an additional hands-on activity before you leave
• Full booking support and risk assessment information
£22.50 per student (min group size 30)
Special offer: book before 1 March 2012 and save £5 per pupil!
Save more money: all adult leaders free of charge! We don’t charge adults for their stay, saving you over £125 per class.
Free curriculum workshops
We will provide a full curriculum programme free of charge during the evening of your visit (normal cost about £105 per class). Choose from:
• Vikings - raiders, traders and sailors
• Tudor explorers
• Wreck and rescue around the Cornish coast
• Scrapheap sailboat challenge
Follow menu links on the left of this page for full workshop details.
Make the most of your time
A typical school visit to the Museum takes the best part of a day. On a sleepover we will run a ‘full day’ programme for you during the evening, freeing up valuable time to explore other attractions such as Eden and Tate St Ives.
To discuss how a sleepover can meet your needs, please contact Stuart Slade, Education Manager, email email@example.com or telephone 01326 214532